Legal and Disclaimer
Date of Last Review: 19 Jul 2004.
For added protection of your privacy, this web site subscribes to and complies with the voluntary privacy principles contained in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
“this web site” and “we” means www.subarudurban.co.za, “user” means any person accessing any part of the web site
Collection of personal data
- Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information) is submitted to the site by the user (e.g. through sending an e-mail) the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- This web site collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- This web site will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
- This web site will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
- This web site will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the web site is required or permitted to do so by law.
- If information is released with the user’s consent this web site will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
- This web site will destroy or delete any personal information which has become obsolete.
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this web site may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Collection of anonymous data
- In order to provide the best possible service, this web site may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this web site to collect statistics.
- This web site may utilise temporary or session cookies that collect the first level domain name of the user.
This website is hosted, controlled and operated from the offices of Subaru Southern Africa, Republic of South Africa. The terms and conditions contained herein are binding and enforceable against all persons accessing or using the Subaru Southern Africa website or any part thereof in terms of section 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (“the ECTA”). A copy of the ECTA may be downloaded from www.acts.co.za.
E & O.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
By accessing or using this website, you hereby agree that:
- any dispute of whatsoever nature relating to or arising out of any use of or inability to use this website, whether directly or indirectly, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principle of conflict of laws, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of South Africa;
- such access or use shall be regulated by the terms and conditions set out herein;
- any reliance on or use of any information contained in this website shall be for your own risk
All information provided in this website is intended only as an introduction and guide to Subaru Southern Africa’s business and its range of available products, and is not intended to serve as financial, investment or any other type of advice. Ordinary shares in Subaru Southern Africa are listed on the JSE Securities Exchange South Africa. Subaru Southern Africa makes no representation and gives no warranty that the information contained in this website is appropriate for use in South Africa or in any other jurisdiction and in particular does not represent or warrant that:
- the information contained in this website is accurate or complete;
- the information contained in this website is up-to-date;
- any projections, predictions, or forecasts expressed herein will be realised or achieved;
- the information contained in this website is free from inaccuracies or errors.
Furthermore, the information provided by Subaru Southern Africa in this website is not directed or intended for investors, prospective investors or other persons in the United States of America (“the USA “). Subaru Southern Africa will not respond to investor enquiries in respect of this website originating from persons located in the USA. Nothing contained in this website constitutes an invitation or offer to any person to acquire or dispose or otherwise deal in any investment or be construed as advice or encouragement to any person to do any of the foregoing. Visitors to this website are advised to seek independent financial advice prior to making any investment decisions.
Information and Press Releases
Whilst Subaru Southern Africa takes reasonable care to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information provided by it on this website, any visitor or user to this website hereby agrees by accessing or using this website that Subaru Southern Africa, its officers, employees and agents do not accept any liability of whatsoever nature for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising from the use of or reliance on any such information. Whilst the information contained in any press releases relating to Subaru Southern Africa posted on this website were believed by Subaru Southern Africa to be accurate as at the date those press releases were prepared and publicly disseminated, Subaru Southern Africa hereby expressly disclaims any obligation or duty to update the information contained in any press release.
All of the intellectual property rights including without limitation trademarks, service marks, trade names, copyright and other rights used or embodied in this website are and will remain the sole property of Subaru Southern Africa, unless explicitly otherwise stated. All information and material supplied by Subaru Southern Africa in this website constitutes part of Subaru Southern Africa’s confidential and proprietary information and no party using or accessing this website may reproduce, copy or disclose such information without the prior written consent of Subaru Southern Africa. No person using or accessing this website may attempt to, tamper with, modify, reverse engineer, gain unauthorised access to, or in any way alter any software comprising, or any information included in this website.
Subaru Southern Africa shall take all reasonable steps to secure the contents of this website and the information provided by and collected from users from unauthorised access or disclosure. However, Subaru Southern Africa does not make any representations or give any warranties that any such information will remain secure from unauthorised access or disclosure. Any user having registered through this website shall bear the full risk of the confidentiality and security of information provided by Subaru Southern Africa to it or by such user to Subaru Southern Africa. A registered user shall immediately inform Subaru Southern Africa on becoming aware of any actual or potential breach of Subaru Southern Africa’s security measures or procedures.
Subaru Southern Africa accepts no liability whatsoever arising out of the transfer of viruses or the unlawful tampering with the contents of this website.
This website contains links to other internet sites. Your attention is drawn to the fact that the content, accuracy, opinions expressed, together with other links provided by such resources are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by Subaru Southern Africa. Furthermore, no inference may be made or representation implied that Subaru Southern Africa is connected with, operates or controls such linked websites. Notwithstanding the fact that such linked websites are in fact affiliated with Subaru Southern Africa, Subaru Southern Africa shall not be responsible for the content on the aforesaid websites, which you use or access at your own risk.
Alterations / Modifications
Subaru Southern Africa reserves the right to make changes to this website and this disclaimer at any time. Agreement in terms of section 21 of the ECTA. By accessing this website, you and Subaru Southern Africa agree that:
- you shall be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and such agreement is concluded in Witbank, Republic of South Africa, at the time that you first enter Subaru Southern Africa’s website;
- data messages (as defined in the ECTA) addressed to you by Subaru Southern Africa shall be deemed:
- to have been received by Subaru Southern Africa if and only when responded to by Subaru Southern Africa; and
- to be received by you as provided in section 23(b) of the ECTA;
- electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between you and Subaru Southern Africa; and
- data messages sent to Subaru Southern Africa from a computer, IP address or mobile device normally used by or owned by you, were indeed sent and/or authorised by you personally.